03 September 2010

Blog Hopping Time Again


ABOUT THE HOP:

In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list at Crazy-For-Books!!

The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, go back later and join the fun! This is a weekly event! And go back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added!

This week's question comes from Sarah Reads Too Much!

Do you judge a book by its cover?

Is this a bad thing? Oh, right, my mother always told me "you can't judge a book by its cover"! Well, then I have to confess that sometimes I do. Especially if I am wandering around the book store with no particular book in mind. I just walk up and down the aisles and - all of a sudden, I am drawn in by a cover! Now I don't just willy-nilly buy the book, I do have sense enough to read a little and decide if it is for me - but the awful truth is that I probably would not have picked it up without the cover.

If you are visiting from the Hop, welcome and I hope you will take a look around. This past week I posted reviews on Knit in Comfort: A Novel and The Eternal Ones. I also participated in a brand new meme - Table Talk Tuesday hosted by CMash Loves to Read.

Wishing you a wonderful Labor Day weekend filled with lots of fun, lots of reading, and of course, LOTS OF HOPPING!

15 comments:

Chelle said...

Hey, I'm new here and found you through the Hop. It's hard to not be drawn by some covers. They do such smash up jobs on trying to get your interest. When I have time, I try to stay at one display table and read the summaries. But I don't usually have that kind of time!

Ree said...

Hi there! Saw you visited my blog via the Hop so I thought I'd wander over here and take a peek around.

Love your reviews, I'm definitely going to have to pick up The Eternal Ones, now. Thanks!

Ms. C said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my site earlier! I'm now a follower of yours, too :)
I really enjoyed reading through both this and your other blog... I'm really into studying the Holocaust and fell in love with your Holocaust reading blog!

Hope you have a great weekend,
Ms. C

Midnight Bloom said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! I'm like that too when I'm browsing in the bookstore. I kind of scope along the shelves, waiting for something to catch my eye!

Have a great weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your through the Hop. Your blog is new to me so I'm going to have a browse around! :-)

I'm here: http://leeswammes.wordpress.com

Have a good weekend!

Kelly said...

Visiting from the hop! I agree with you 100%! If I'm in a book store browsing, the covers are super important! It's the first impression we have of the book.

Hannah Mariska said...

Hiya..thanks for following! I'm really new to the blog hop but already I've met so many nice people!


its true, some books just jump out at your from the shelf!

Loni said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your other blog, Never Forget is really interesting. It's nice to see that information being put out there.

Have you visited deletecensorship.org? There's a lot of banned book information there.

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog on the Hop! I went visiting and wished Nicole a happy birthday!

Melody said...

Hey there, returning your visit...books in book stores grab me by their covers too. I can't resist browsing, and the covers are what catches the eye first!

Have a great weekend!

Najela said...

I honestly don't see anything wrong with judging books by there covers. I mean, what else are you going to judge them on? I mean, I pick them up initially because the covers are so pretty or unique, but if the writing is not up to par, having a good cover won't save the book.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I look forward to reading more of your reviews.

Elena said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower. I am interested in reading your reviews. :)

Trina said...

Hi there, hopping by. Thanks also for commenting on my little boy's blog. It got him going again. We sat down and constructed a graphic organizer that will help simplify his reviews. He's only 7!

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

Hey, saw you had stopped by and wanted to return the trip and wish you a great weekend!
Although, a pretty, shiny , new cover may entice me to pick up a book and even rub it on occasion (yea, I know, you felt of the fang bites on that girl's neck too, admit it) it in no way effects how I ultimately judge the book. If the book sucks, I'll say so even if I must admit the cover was cute . And if the book was wonderfully fascinating and the cover in no way reflected what went on between the pages, I'll tell you that too. A great cover would never entice me to buy a book only take a second look. The author's name, the blurb, other author's comments on the book and bloggers reviews are ultimately what makes me purchase a book and only what's between the covers makes me judge it.
(\___/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

Barnard Baker said...

Thank you for hopping by!
I agree with you. The covers make you want to read the book at first, so without them there is little reason to pick a book up!
Yes, I do hate when I read a book that would be rated Why was this written? It's just so painful!
Have the best weekend!