13 September 2010

BBAW - First Treasure

Let’s talk about that first treasure today.
For those of you who participated in BBAW last year, what’s a great new book blog you’ve discovered since last year’s BBAW?
For those you new to BBAW, what was the first book blog you discovered?

Tell us all about this blog and why you love it…why do you keep going back for more?

I have been blogging for about six years, but in February 2007 I found a blog called The Newbery Project while doing some research for work. WOW - people were reading the Newbery Award books, posting a review of each title, AND having discussions about each book. I was delighted - there were other nerds (I mean adult people) who were reading books meant for a younger age group and joining together in a discussion!! My kind of people.

As I read and posted (under Flusi's Posts), I decided I wanted to start keeping track of all of the books I was reading. So I made the move from Diaryland to Blogger and got started. It was a little lonely at first, but over time I started recognizing other bloggers and looked forward to reading their posts. Then along came LibraryThing and I began to join others in discussing books.

Within these two communities I feel comfortable enough to state my mind and I have met some wonderful bloggers who recommend the best books, some I would never have read on my own and, lets face it, some I would never read again! But we are all as different as we are the same and that is what makes the blogosphere go 'round!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I'm not familiar with The Newbery Project but I'll be checking it out soon. I love Library Thing!! Thanks for your kind words - they mean a lot to me.