05 May 2009

Tuesday Things


Did you know that clouds can provide you a visual way to see the tags and authors you have in your library, and the more you have of a certain author or tag, the bigger the name/word will be?

I have looked at the clouds before and think it is a wonderful and different way to look at what we put importance on in our reading. I think the tag cloud is especially interesting because it represents what we think we are reading, not necessarily what others might think - as you can see in the mirror cloud. In my case the two were very similar.

The real clouds have opened up today in Pensacola and I am guessing that since it is intersession at the University, we will have exactly ZERO students in the library. So maybe I can play with the tag clouds and put them in when I get to work! So check back again later!!

Thanks Wendi for another great topic.

2 comments:

caite said...

my tag cloud and mirror cloud were quite different...so am I fooling myself about my books? well, either way, I love them. ;-)

Wendi said...

I really enjoyed the Mirror Cloud for my library because I really haven't started using tags for much.

:) We've had a very interesting day here in the Seattle area, the clouds keep coming and going, along with the wind and the sunshine!

Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week. ~ Wendi